Pages

Saturday 2 September 2017

Jems September Blog Hop - Autumn Colours.


Firstly I am sorry about the lack of posts for the last week or so. After the excitement of a brilliant wedding I hit earth with a bump and a re-occurring  illness. Back on the mend now and creating again.
The title Autumn Colours left the way wide open for a huge variety of makes and mine has come from a drawer full of canvasses that I had a few ideas for but never got around to making then I saw a post by Debbie Mageed and there was the inspiration.

My Painted Harvest papers arrived along with the stamp set last Wednesday and I was off I knew just what it was going to look like and am so pleased with the way it has come out. I much prefer 3D makes and am now experimenting more with mixed media. All of the items are current except the mini pinecones which were Stampin' Up's last years embellishments but I love them and have quite a stash!


I have actually cut into a canvas then curled the pieces back. I added paper to the back of the canvas before I cut it with gesso and painted it with gesso to tone down the colours. I then cut a piece of wisper white card to fit and created my background with daubing and stamping the lovely as a tree. Once this was in place and the canvas pieces rolled back the fussy cutting started. The lovely sunflowers stamped with crushed curry and pumpkin pie, for the leaves I daubed a piece of card then stamped with momento before punching out. Love this bundle so many more makes to come. The bluebird represents the swallows in the field behind our house. They seem to be swooping every moment of the day, I expect to feed up before they start their long journey home. Finally a hessian bow with the pinecones, tied with bakers twine and a couple of buttons and in the lower corner some felt mushrooms and a stack of mini leaves. and in the top right a label that reads "Autumn'.


I changed the paper in my light box and admit its a bit too much with this make. I will have to change it back on Monday morning. However it is quite autumnal. The pine cones were collected from the car park next to the studio. Aren't they lovely.






The blue bird is from the Cheery Chirps stamp set. I plan on doing something similar with the Robin but a very wintery feel.


Shopping
Cheery Chirps stamp set                                           144938
Painted Harvest stamp set and leaf punch bundle     146021
Lovely as a tree stamp set                                          127793
Burlap Ribbon                                                            141487
Painted Autumn designer papers                                144613
Year of Cheer Speciality designer paper                    144640

Shopping online is easy. Click on the number next to the item you are interested in and you will go directly to that item in the online shop. Use the hostess number below then in October I will send you some Christmas Stampin'Up goodies.





Carry on hopping around our the Jems blog hop 

The lovely Kate Martin is next in the hop



If you are travelling the hop in the opposite direction you are in for a treat, its Amanda Bates she usually has some amazing paper engineering project.











8 comments:

  1. Wow!! Just amazing Karen. Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic 3D project, a stunner x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mixed media project - I have some of those tiny pine cones and love em to bits!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Karen.... I just know that you will have thoroughly enjoyed making this too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of work gone into this ! x

    ReplyDelete