Pages

Monday 4 January 2021

Slow stitching

 I haven't posted in a while, probably because I haven't done much crafting. It's the new year, sorry not a new me, same old same old. Life is still very strange, if not a little stranger. Living in a village has meant we have walked the local byways, making the occasional trip out to a couple of our favourite places, these are now quite busy even on a week day so we are staying local. Also waiting for my turn for the vaccine, not having any idea when that might, is making me a little anxious. These things are sent to try us...

I have quite a stash now of finished projects, they are all carefully boxed ready for when local craft markets get going. I thought I might try this year to use up my stash and increase the number of items I have for sale. I am really enjoying making large tags with many layers. Then the #52tagshannemade popped up in my fb newsfeed. I have done quite a few courses with Anne Brooke. I love her style and everything she creates so I am giving this a go. I know many of my friends will enjoy this. She posts on a Friday evening I plan to spend Saturday searching out my bits to complete the challenge and sit and sew on a Sunday evening. I do enjoy stitching with needle and thread. Its just threading the needle that is the main challenge these days! 

The theme for week 1 is 'White'. My base layer is cut from an old white linen serviette, remember those. I had the piece of lace and other bits in my stash. It didn't take me long to create my first tag. The piece of serviette is left over from some lavender bags that I made. There was just enough left to make a couple more tags. They are only 3" x 2" so quite small. 


Check out the hashtag on fb or Instagram. I am looking forward to next weeks theme.








No comments:

Post a Comment