Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2021

January altered book - Lovely letters.

I thought I had posted this. On the first Saturday of each month I take part in a zoom class run by Phizzychic This is her fb link. Doing this class has encouraged me to get my watercolour paints out. They have been so well used my OH bought me a new set for xmas.  I am also using up bits of my stash as I go. 

My work is in an old hard backed book that was in the pile for the charity shop. The charity shops around here haven't been open for nearly a year now so the fate of this book has been to have pages stuck together, some pages cut out and others painted.

The lovely letters for me has turned into love letters. Once I had put red paint on the page I didn't think there was anywhere else to go. I have also added 2 postcards. I liked them so much I wanted to be able to see both sides. They have been added between the edges of some cut pages so act like an added page. We were also encouraged to make a letter within an envelope. This is all new ideas to me and I am really enjoying it.

This is the first page The little envelope also works as a pocket. This page still needs a title. I am working on that! You can just see the postcards. The handwriting on the top one is beautiful. Its to an Edinburg address.


The other side of the postcards. I have just added flowers and hearts to the top one, but used the lower one as somewhere to add tags, teabags and ribbon.


The top half of the second page I have used part of a small paper bag, tearing the top edge to insert some cut outs.


The lower half of this second page is my letter cascading out of its envelope, This is behind the bird cage cut out, tied in with the ribbon


Letters and more letters, cascading out of an envelope.


Looking forward to next month when the theme is Regency Regalia.


No comments:

Post a Comment