Pages

Saturday 23 January 2021

Week 3: Remnants

 I seem to have missed posting this week with my #52tagshannemade  During one of those very wet days last week I had a lovely afternoon sorting out my embroidery threads. I had small selections of them in a variety  of places. They are now untangled and neatly stored in my current sewing box. Its funny what satisfactory feeling that little job has given me.

However when Anne posted this weeks tag challenge I didn't need my threads, so I gad another exciting afternoon sorting through my bits bag, The theme for this week is remnants. A chance to use up all those little bits that are too small for anything but you just can't bear to part with! I also became aware of just how much 'remnants I really have, I will have to find a project for all of that.

For this weeks tags we had to cut small slithers of material, fold it in half them sew to the base fabric. each piece was sewn on as close to the previous one as possible, it reminded me of rag ruging! I remember my Mum doing,  but its something I have never tried. I found I had a lot of red material so my first tag is in red. I went on to sew one with a few remnants from my lovely neutrals collection. I had the pieces running lengthwise on the tag this time and added little flags down one side, finally using a random selection of pastels for the third one.  I must say the backs of this work get better with each one. My sewing is getting neater and more even. Very satisfying.


the reds.......


the neutrals with little flags down one side. J think I might trim this one so that each piece is a little less 'flappy'


finally the random pastels. I put all these bits in a bag and pulled them out one at a time, love the ramdomness of it.


I shall add some dangles and buttons to this one later, I have some pretty glass sparkly buttons that will look great.

Happy sewing folks.




1 comment:

  1. Very interesting , thanks for sharing such a good blog.

    ReplyDelete