Pages

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Family Art Club

 During the lockdowns last year we had a family art club that zoomed together once a week. Not everyone contributed every week but most of us did something most weeks. I do admit there were weeks when I sat at my desk/corner and could not do anything, the mojo just wasn't there. We have re introduced the art club since Christmas but are doing it fortnightly as one of the group is back out at work, 2 of the group have dribbles of work coming in and David and I are trying to work on the house. 2021 was always our 'do up the house' year. The bathroom is done we started that when we realised we weren't going to be anywhere for Christmas..... a bit before Boris realised it! Now we start on the hall and stairs. The ceiling above the stairs is over 20ft high, now we don't have a ladder for that (thank goodness) so we have hired a scaffolding tower! That arrives on Monday, the paint is here ready so a busy week next week.

I digress, the last art club theme was holidays. It was lovely looking through holiday pictures from years gone by as well as some of the websites touting holidays at the moment. My ideal holiday is the sea and sand and of course a lot of sunshine. I would love a beach hut. Somewhere out of the wind with a primus stove, tea/coffee, a tin of homemade cake and a deckchair for when the sun does shine. 

My art club creation:-


On the arm of each chair is a cocktail so this presumes the sun is shining. generally I would rather have tea.


The scale is a bit out but you get the idea. 
My OH did a collage of pictures from our holiday/honeymoon in Africa at Victoria Falls, (when I was young!) Next theme is Kites..........help.


No comments:

Post a Comment