Pages

Saturday 27 February 2021

Hexies and stitches

 Well its been a fortnight since my last post and I haven't done very much paper crafting or sewing/knitting for that matter. I have been satinwood painting, skirting boards, 5 doors and door frames done. The smell of paint is really strong but thankfully the sun has shone the last couple of days so all the doors and windows have been open and we have actually had lunch outside!

As I try and keep up to date  with the #52tagshannemade , here is wk7 and 8.

Week 7  Hexies. This was very new to me, you take a circle of material, find the centre point then fold in to the centre which gives you a hexagon. Its quite fiddly particularly when you don't have one of those mini craft irons! (more shopping to come) Although I only made one tag I do have spare hexies so will make a second tag at some point.


Week 8 Stitches. Wow this week was a challenge. Having learnt how to do french knots we now had to use that skill to make pistil stitches and bullion stitch. Well out of my comfort zone. Minimum amount of fabric. More about the sewing. One comment on my instagram feed thought the colours were funky! I'm not sure that was the intention but the more I look at it the more I like what I achieved.


Week 9: is here, now for an hour sorting through materials and ribbons. Happy days.




1 comment:

  1. Hi, This was superb. I like the way you are presents.

    ReplyDelete