Pages

Thursday 11 February 2021

Slow stitching, wk4 Fly Stitch, wk5 Kisses, wk6 A Bevy of Buttons

Gosh time flies even when you are doing nothing. Its been so cold I haven't ventured out now for over a week but have been busy inside. The work to renovate continues a pace. As mentioned a couple of weeks ago -scaffolding -for the stairs. We hired scaffolding a fortnight ago to paint above the stairs. This was a first! The stairs are quite narrow so once we had erected the scaffolding I was stuck at the top and my OH at the bottom, hmmmm. So we returned to limbo days, which were a long time ago. I'm not as flexible as I was but we both surprised ourselves with how we managed. We worked until the painting that had to be done with the scaffolding was finished, which took us most of the day then took the scaffolding down. Taking it down was much easier than putting it up! and happened much quicker than we expected. This week I have sanded down the edge of the stairs and put one coat of Frenchic paint on. Second coat tomorrow. I have finished the handrail which my OH has re attached to the wall, all looks good so far. I still have the edges of the stair treads to do and then the carpet to order but there is always next week.

On the crafting front I missed posting about the sewing tags so I have 3 weeks worth to show you as I start on another one tomorrow. Week 4 was a new stitch to me -Fly Stitch. I created one very simple tag with the stitch which made me think of fronds in the river, my second tag uses a couple of buttons so the stitch looks like petals, a bit like a dandelion. I really enjoyed creating these 2




Week 5 Kisses, wasn't really about a stitch but the stitching was an element in it. I only created one tag for week 5 but may in the future go back and do a second one. The challenge was to create a cross with fabric then stitch crosses or 'kisses' onto the fabric cross or the fabric around it. I did find this one quite challenging. Firstly choosing the fabric and I probably used too many different bits then adding the crosses which needed to be very small. On reflection my stitching did improve as I went on.


Week 6 was A Bevy of Buttons. Loved doing this one I do have a very large stash of buttons. I started simple with shades of blue onto some fleece from a pair of xmas winter pj's they had snowflakes on them. Then I combined my fly-stitching with the colours of the rainbow to create a second tag. Love them both.




Keep well and stay warm. k x




3 comments:

  1. Loving the idea of those tags Karen...
    Hope you are both well and sounds like you are keeping nice and busy doing up the house still... as well as a bit of crafting here and there! Take care and continue enjoying the doing!. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, thanks for the lovely comment. Will pm you on fb this weekend. Hope all is good with you. k x

      Delete
  2. Hi,Lots of useful information. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete