Pages

Thursday 14 January 2021

Slow stitching week 2. Theme - contrasting heart.

 I am beginning to look forward to weekends again. When you are retired and in lockdown the days are all the same, the only thing that keeps us on track is the wonderful bin men who always arrive on a Tuesday, ready or not! But now I have Friday evening to look forward to as thats when Anne Brooke posts her new  weekly tag I then have a couple of hours collecting together little bits of material that I am going to use. I have already cut enough tags for January.

This weeks tag was all about using a contrasting material for a heart. With things to do with the heart we generally think of red, so I started with a fabric with red then built the background in blues. Really happy with this one. But once again I had to make 3!


My second tag is blues with a cream linen heart. Love turquoise. I have had the ribbed piece in my box of bits for ages. I can't remember what it was off but knew it would come in useful for something. I think this one is the best one of the three.


And then a patchwork of materials with pink/red and a blue check heart.


The three together, all very different. Next week I shall have to search out my embroidery threads.




No comments:

Post a Comment