Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

Swallowtail

Well the butterfly is back again .
I have used a new to me technique, I think its called 'thumping' Anyway you just tap the stamp with the marker to put the colour on. I used the side of the marker on the brush end after initially covering the stamp with basic grey. The inks are more mustard, elegant eggplant and cajun craze. I used glossy card for this card but I think it would look just as good on the very vanilla or whisper white. I cut the butterfly out leaving a white edge and then layered onto more mustard and elegant eggplant card. The sentiment is from the Delightful Dozen set.
I just love this stamp. I have used it with shrink plastic and will share the results next week. I also have plans for stamping onto material. Just need to find more time.


This shows the detail and how the colours mix.









 The photo's were quite difficult to do because its so overcast and the flash just bounces back off the glossy paper. Thats it for today back with a totally different colourway tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment