Thursday, 10 July 2014

Swallowtail

I had an unexpected day to craft yesterday as the car broke down, we live out in the sticks so no Ladies that lunch for me!

I started on a project I have been planning for a while. The box was bought in the sale at our local craft shop last year, its one of those craft board (mud coloured) ones. The papers were an unopened pack from last years selection. They are in the clearance rack for sale at the moment.(shop now in my online shop at www.karenwatts.stampinup.net ) I think I must have used at least 3 packs of this paper.

I started by painting box with one of those match pots, it didn't take long to dry. Then I lined the inside with a pink paper from the pack and the outside with this pretty flowery selection.

I stamped the swallowtail with stazon onto acetate then with Rich Razzleberry onto vellum. I left them and went onto the flowers. I have lent my spiral flower die to a friend so I wet some of the pink paper left over from the inside of the box, screwed it up till it was dry then flattened it out and tore a spiral. I punched 2 flowers from the pink with the large flower punch and layered them up adding a spiral flower to the centre.

The floating butterfly is the swallowtail stamped on to shrink plastic. I coloured the stamp with the Blendabilities and wow they do sing. My shrink plastic reduces images by about 60% hence the size of the butterfly. I then set it on some flower wire which I have stuck to the box with silicone glue.

Assembling the whole montage was fun. I cut the two swallowtails out sticking the bodies together but creasing the wings upright. I arranged the flowers then added all the little butterflies including the flying one. I have cut and layered Rich Razzleberry card with very vanilla cutting them with the deco label dies. These are to add a message or initial to.













No comments:

Post a Comment