Pages

Saturday 14 March 2015

A frame but not for a baby!

A young lady contacted me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I would make a frame for her sisters birthday but her sister was a 'Marvel' fan, not a baby. This was something I knew very little about, superhero's! I wasn't even a fan of superman. Its amazing what you can find out on the internet so thats where I went and inspiration came quite quickly. We exchanged a few more emails about star wars and doctor who and this is what I came up with. If I had to start again there are many more things I could have added but they will be for another time.
The first picture shows the project before the finishing touches were added and before anything was stuck down.


 I found the little Star Wars figure in a charity shop. I removed the gun so that he would fit into the box frame. I really liked the shape of his face and used this shape for the basses for the letters of the birthday girls name.
The tree surrounded by stars is an icon from one of the Lord of the Rings books.

 I was going to use the marvel shield as the background but decided the colours were a bit glaring for a young ladies birthday so opted for Soho Subway designer series paper with crumb cake and chocolate chip card. The confetti star punch was great to add the milky way.


 The owl punch was used to create the superman and the minion monsters. I had great fun creating the tardis. The white chalk ink daubed on the not quite navy card worked really well.

What a lot of fun I had putting it all together. I hope the young lady has a lovely birthday and thank you to her younger sister for challenging me to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment