Pages

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Stampin'Up English Garden Designer Paper Card Makes and colouring for grown ups.

Day 3 of makes with the English Garden papers. So here we have the third sheet of paper from the pack.

I had lots of ideas for using the leafy side of this designer paper but the dark green with white spots was more of a problem as I wanted something different to the shoes I showed you on Tuesday. The dark green in a good background paper particularly for mens cards but I just wasn't sure. Then I remembered my baskets of flowers.


The basket of flowers is 2 stamps from the 'Sprinkles of Life' set on the inside back cover of the annual catalogue. This is the Make a difference stamp set. Stampin'Up donate £2 to Ronald McDonald House charity in England for every stamp set sold in the UK. The charity provides houses  for families whilst their children are receiving long term hospital treatment. A very worthwhile charity.
I think in a few weeks I will have to do a week of projects made with this set as there are 22 stamps and it is a winner.

The detail: the flowers are stamped with momento then coloured with the blender pen. The blender pen is a new tool for me, normally I would have reached for the aqua painter and done this as a water colour but it doesn't work that well with these very small flowers. The blender pen is ideal for this type of colouring. This is really colouring for grown ups. Very therapeutic and relaxing. More of this next week.


The sentiment is from Butterfly basics. A lovely script style. This is a very easy card suitable for a beginner.

Card 4

This card is simpler than it looks. The English Garden designer paper is only used on the outside!






Inside I have stamped a tree with a swing. This set called 'Sheltering tree' is so versatile, watch out for my christmas cards next month!

 This picture shows the detail. I have used punched leaves using the 'Bird Builder Punch, these have been stuck on both front pieces so that they overlap when the card is closed. Novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment