I had put in the diary to make a couple of wedding cards today but events overtook me.
We had a new pair of sofa's delivered yesterday and thought I would get up early make a couple of cards then spend the day re arranging the furniture till all was as I wanted. However whilst watching TV last night there was strange noises in our chimney. This is a chimney for a wood burning stove. We weren't sure if it was up the chimney or just outside the window in the guttering but it was too dark to see.
This morning the noise was still there, we did observations..... on the top of the chimney and on the guttering but no show so it was in the chimney. We rang RSPCA, RSPB, and a chimney sweep, no help anywhere, good old google, we searched the internet. Two old sheets for the floor and to make a tent, bathroom mat to wrap whatever came out of the chimney in. We were ready to start, well my OH was, I'm a bit of a wus when it comes to birds.
It didn't take long, we had a little owl. We put him into a box, good old Stampin'Up, then took him to the vets who said nothing was broken, he was dehydrated and emaciated. Not fit enough to be released but they hadn't any facilities to look after him so we needed to take him to 'The Wild Bird Hospital' in Bury.
After quite a journey we arrived, it is a very tucked away spot. They are going to keep him in the hospital for a week then an outdoor cage where he will be well fed then we get to go and pick him up so he can be released back here at home.
I think there may be some owl makes tomorrow!