Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2015

A very different 'Dove of Peace'. Coloured in and sponged.

You saw my dove of peace last Thursday for the make and take at my launch party well here it is again but very different.


Oh how I loved making this card. My hands looked like a rainbow when I had finished.
I started by stamping the dove, then colouring with the marker pens, I then used a mask to cover the bird. After looking through all my stamp sets I chose Everything Elenor and then Butterfly Basics. I stamped the background stamps with the colours I used for the sponging. For the sponging I started with the lightest of the colours, crushed curry, added calypso coral, real red, cherry cobbler and finally a touch of elegant eggplant. Finally I used the speckled stamp in the Georgous grunge set with real red around the edge.
 Finally using the new Fine Tip Glue Pen I went over some of the colouring in on the bird. This leaves a fine trail of glue that dries clear, making the colour underneath shiny and raised. A bit like glossy accents but finer detail. It does need some time to dry.































This picture is taken from the side, I have tried to show the raised effect the Fine Tip Glue Pen makes.
The sentiments are from the Holly Jolly Greetings set.



I have also done one in blues, I will show this later in the week.
Check out the classes page and choose the class you are going to come to.

1 comment:

  1. This is so very beautiful. Love how you coloured around the masked dove.

    Beth
    http://sunflowers-dragonflies.ca/blog

    ReplyDelete