Pages

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Planter of flowers using the envelope liner dies

A fancy fold card for Tuesday too whatever next.

I found this on pinterest here and knew that I had to give it a try. I don't think I have ever made one of these easel type cards without any instructions before, but I was so impressed with this that it had to be done.
Firstly it uses the envelop liner dies, I confess mine have never been out of the packet and I have had them a while. They just cut a nice plant pot shape. Then I had a problem as I wasn't sure where to put the folds. I have actually had to cut a second piece of card to create the base layer. However now I have done it once I shall have another go and improve it. You have to experiment and I do find its usually the third or even the fourth one that works the best.
I love the 'Awesomely Artistic' stamp set I have stamped with 'cherry cobbler' then used an aqua painter. you could stamp with a neutral colour and use a blender pen. I find I get more variety of tone for the flowers. The plant pot has been stamped around the rim in 'cajun craze' and I have just pulled the aqua painter over the lower part of the plant pot with cajun craze ink, which has given the variety of shades of terracotta. My dragon fly is a little anaemic. He will be re placed. The whole card folds flat and fits in a standard C6 envelope. There is also a lot of fussy cutting, something I do enjoy doing. I am really pleased with this first attempt. What do you think.





No comments:

Post a Comment