Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2016

Vintage Leaves again......

This second card we did in class yesterday was an excuse to try out the wet wipe technique. I have only done this a few times, What I like about it is that every image you stamp is slightly different, the more you do with the same wet wipe pad the muddier the colours become. I like a muddy colour.
Originally I was going to stamp a sheet with the hardwood but knew that my ladies would run out of time with that to do as well as everything else so I used up some retired paper.....that thick kraft card with embossed patterns on. It looks quite effective and served its purpose. The ladies loved the little pinecones, I can't say they felt the same about tying the linen thread!







Using a piece of stitched ribbon and a button out of my jar, (I will have to show you a picture of my button jar. The buttons came out of a tin in my grandmothers sewing box. Its an old OXO box which I have filled with my embroidery threads!) just finishes off the leaves, they are bright coloured, the ribbon and button being dark.

You have to love this stamp set, check it out in my shop here and the leaf dies here. Plus the pinecones here

No comments:

Post a Comment