Pages

Saturday 3 December 2016

Gems Blog Hop December - Highlights

What a great title for the blog hop this month. Highlights of 2016. It was quite a hard choice but I went back to the little fairies, I haven't used these anything like as much as I could have done and with new products in the new year which I can't disclose at the moment I think the fairies are going to continue as a firm favourite for the spring.
This little box frame was inspired by Julie Kettlewell's Merry Mice frames. But the background is much more my sort of crafting. You would be amazed by the number of layers and daubed colours in there. It would be interesting to see how many Stampin'Up products you can spot, yes some have retired but most are current.


3 clues here!





 The wings are stamped on tissue paper the spread with tombo in a very thin layer. Once the tombo is nearly dry I have sprinkled with a little glitter, because the tissue was paper was pink the whole wings sparkle a pink colour. The wings are also like a fine malleable plastic sheet so stand up really well.











I love the new burlap ribbon and you can very easily distress it.



























The stamping is more visible here and in the picture below.






Hope you like this project, a further two in a series are planned, they just need putting together! Pop back regularly to catch them.


If my link picks don't work this is the next http://shari-anne-happycrafter.blogspot.com/2016/12/jems-december-blog-hop-my-favourite.html



and this is the previous http://kraftsbykatemartin.blogspot.com/2016/12/jems-december-blog-hop-review-of-2016.html





22 comments:

  1. This frame is so cute Karen & so full if detail. Look forward to seeing the other two in the set.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project, love what you have done with this, and I love the detail of the pine cone embellishments - will adorn anyone's wall!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and looking forward to the next instalments x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still in my minds eye! But I will make them...... k x

      Delete
  4. What a lovely frame idea, very clever and you can see how much work has gone into it! Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous frame project Karen... Can't wait to see more....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sparkly wings and I always like a typewriter background x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your frame -it is amazing! I really love this stamp set -having a lot of fun with it. Beautiful make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty project, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, such a lovely effect

    ReplyDelete