Pages

Wednesday 26 July 2017

Journals, using up retired Designer paper and embellishments 1

I love a good notebook and regularly have more than one on the go at a time. I had a morning with nothing pressing so got out my box of retired designer paper. One of my colleagues always uses designer paper for her starting point but its something I don't use a lot of and thats why my box of retired paper is full!
When I came across the paper with the logs on I just knew where I was going with it. Long ago retired wooden leaf shapes where in my draw of bits and pieces. The rope trim..... well I have 2 full roles of that on one of the shelves. I knew it would be useful one day.
The lightly striped paper was stamped with Lovely as  Tree, which I  coloured with marker pens. I then daubed trees, land and sky in suitable colours to give a little colour and tone down the stripes. Using early expresso as the background all the pieces where brought together along with a suitable sentiment. The addition of the wooden button and a little hessian ribbon finished it off.




The second journal actually came together in the same way. When I saw the map paper I knew I had a stamp set about adventure. This is a really old stamp set but I bet I use it at least once a year if not more often! In the set are the footprints which are brilliant. I then looked for my Traveller set which is another one I can't bear to part with, The suitcase and passport where first to be stamped and fussy cut, but it needed the ship to complete the tableau. This would make a great journal to take if you were setting off on a long tour abroad or at home.



What do you do with your stash of retired paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment