Pages

Thursday 14 September 2017

Poppies


I wonder how many of you who read this and use Stampin'Up products know which stamp set I have used here.
I always love poppies and I also love water-colouring.


This is the large flower background in the 'Oh So Eclectic' stamp set. I have stamped it on really good quality heavyweight watercolour paper. I watered the paper first using an aqua painter. Then stamped with real red. I again wet the paper in the centre of the flower and using the aqua painter added more colour. This gives it a real intensity. Then I left the paper to dry. The black centre of the flower is stamped with momento using one of the flower centre stamps. Don't you just love the way the ink has fuzzed at the edges of the petals. To add the leaves I covered the flowers with a mask then used stamped off ink to add the stems and leaves
Unfortunately I didn't have any current red ribbon so I had to use some out of my stash. Then a little sentiment. I actually thought twice about adding a sentiment. I think I am going to do another one of these but 5" square then put it into a frame. I love it that much. What do you think.


Shopping
Oh So Eclectic stamp set       143940
Real Red ink                          126949
Real Red A4 card                  106578
Black card                             121688


Shopping online is easy. Click on the number next to the item you are interested in and you will go directly to that item in the online shop. Use the hostess number below then in October I will send you some Christmas Stampin'Up goodies.


1 comment: