Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2018

The stamparatus.......

Here it is, the amazing stamparatus. I didn't really realise I needed this until I started to use it. I have used a 'Misti' in the past when I was creating 170 place setting name things for a wedding and a friend came to class with her Tim holtz stamp positioner which I did like and she said she used it all the time but I love my Stampin'Up blocks. Ergonomically they are the best in the business. However this piece of kit is going to be worth every penny.


The two transparent plates can be moved, and that is the really useful part of this tool. The whole thing is solid yet light weight, it feels good in the hand, is obviously quality.

My UPS bought me a big parcel last Friday, in it was all of the 'True Gentleman' suite in the current Stampin'Up occasions catalogue. My starting point with any suite is to 'case' the catalogue. As I am a person who prefers punches to dies this set was made for me. I decided to start with the card that used the punch the most. 


I enjoyed punching the diamonds from the designer paper but when it came to the stamping I was very puzzled. How would I stamp that line of geometric shapes around the sentiment when the stamp was so small and rubber not see through photopolymer?


This is the stamp set and the scissors point to the small geometric stamp.


This is where the stamparatus comes into its own.

The orange things in the picture are my magnets covered with some old washi tape to make them easier to get hold of. The card is held down with magnets. 
The stamp is intially placed onto the card where you want it to be stamped.Then the transparent plate is shut. The stamp then sticks to the plate. Ink,  close the plate, lift the plate and voila.







 Now for the clever bit. Leave the stamp where it is, lift the plate out of the fixing and move it down one notch, ink and stamp again. whoop whoop they match up. As you can see from my sample you do need to be careful to keep the ink on the areas you want and not on the edge of the rubber!






Continue moving the plate down until you have completed the line. So easy. The stamparatus will be available in June in the new Stampin'Up catalogue. 

More cards, bags and boxes with the 'True Gentleman' suite over the next 9 days.






No comments:

Post a Comment