Pages

Saturday 25 January 2020

Fun in the kitchen for pretty makes.......

Its amazing the number of things you have in your kitchen that can give you a change to what you have in your stash..... My offer of 2m of polka dot tulle ribbon this month for orders is a good example. The ribbon is very white, using products in your kitchen cupboards can give you matching ribbon and paper.

I started out raiding my cupboard for types of tea bags. I had the usual 'Tetley' some Green Tea, and a box of Rose Tea from Singapore. Before I started the box is really pretty, it opened like an old fashioned pencil case with a slide lid.





















When I opened the sealed foil packet inside the smell was wonderful - rose petals, quite floral, not everyones choice but I thought it was lovely.
I put an A5 piece of paper, a variety of ribbons, and lace into a bowl, added 3 tea bags and boiling water. I had also steamed some asparagus tips but cooked the stems in the water, so I put the same into the pan of water left. Left them all for a couple of hours.


I fished out the tea bags and left them to dry on a piece of kitchen roll. Everything else was smoothed out and put into a cool oven for 15 mins to speed up the drying process. I am not very patient.

Then I got creative, making paper and lace flowers for  a pretty tag.  I used, the paper, the kitchen roll, the lace and 3 types of ribbon from the Rose Tea bowl.












Into my sketch book I created pockets to store everything that I had left.









No comments:

Post a Comment