Pages

Sunday 19 January 2020

Mark Making Part 1

When was the last time you actually thought about mark making? Its something youngsters do in primary school once a yer minimum with a good art teacher, maybe we should do it more often and every year until we leave school. Its easy, its fun, there is no right or wrong! I bet if you tipped your handbag out on a table there would be atleast 5 things in there that you could mark make with.

My Bag:- Rennies, lipstick, comb, 1 or 2 p coin for rolling, a biro top. there you are easy...... you have a go,
I will send 2m of spotty tulle ribbon to a name drawn out of the hat of those who send their list of 5.

For this exercise I laid down a layer of white acrylic paint and then before it was dry a layer of turquoise. Then I started the mark making. The item I really enjoyed was the plastic bit out of the roll of ribbon, it just rolled across the paper so well, maybe I should have done more. Can you work out what else I have used?


When all the paint was dry I then folded the paper, cut a T shape and made a book. I haven't stamped in the book yet or finished the cover so maybe this should be Part 1, as I do intend completing the inside of the book and covers.



 The white criss cross on here was done with the mesh net that the sweet potatoes had come in! I was rather pleased with that bit.




I'm thinking mermaids, shells and other sea creatures for in the the book. What would you use?
Happy crafting K x

2 comments:

  1. What a fab project! Looking forward to seeing where you take it next x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, not just the what but the when???? k x

      Delete