Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Mixed Media 3D

Some weeks ago on my mixed media course with Mixed Up Creatives we had a lesson on dying our own card/paper using natural materials eg: tea bags, fruit teas, coffee etc.  we also did this with a variety of ribbon. With the died card we made flowers, no scissors involved, lots of water and tearing. I have made flowers like this before and always enjoyed it.

I have had the little base box for some time, it was the tray that a selection of wooden snowflakes came in some years ago. The red beads - no idea where they came from but I used some on my first ever project (a very long time ago) that I still have, I may show you later in the week!


I painted first, added a variety of papers to the inside of the little boxes. Arranged my flowers and leaves, then I stalled and the box sat on my desk for over a week. As I was clearing away  the little checked piece of ribbon fell onto the floor, when I picked it up gravity took over again and it settled in the corner of the box and just looked right. The button with ribbon and hessian was in my stash then the little red beads just brought the whole thing together.






I am really pleased now it is finished and I am quite pleased with it. Happy crafting k x

No comments:

Post a Comment