Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2015

The Wilderness Awaits 3 cards for men

Cards for men are often the most difficult for my customers to make. This stamp set is ideal. It has two sentiments and 4 images. All quite masculine, particularly if the men folk like the great outdoors. Here are 3 cards using just one of the images in the set.

My first of the makes based around the duck or Mallard to be precise also uses the goose from the Wetlands set. It is still a set I regularly use. I have used a combination of stamping and water colour. 
For the background the infamous Gorgeous Grunge has re appeared on my desk and stamped in soft sky gives just the right feeling.
Who do you think will give way in this encounter?


For the second card I went back to a technique I really enjoy. Using the marker pens on the acrylic blocks, then spritzing the block and laying ink side down on the card. Watching the paint lift off the block on the card is almost like those magic painting books I had as a child. Do you remember them?
Once the ink is dry I have stamped over with basic black. I have distressed the edge of the white card and tried to distress the burlap ribbon by fraying it. It doesn't look as distressed as I would have liked. Rounding the 2 outside corners just adds to the look.


Finally another grungy one but using an embossing folder. I am quite new to inking the embossing folder to get a two tone effect, and I was quite inky when I had finished this. I am quite a messy crafter at the best of times but hey ho.
I have still used the Cajun Craze colour but this tim dded the Mint macaron and blue lagoon. The texture of the zig zag embossing folder is supposed to give the feeling of water????
The background I have used Soft sky and an aqua painter. The embossed layer has been sponge around the edges and the chevron ribbon tied with linen thread finishes it off.


I would be hard pressed to choose a favourite. Do you have one?

1 comment:

  1. Cajun Craze is just fab with these cards... Lovely trio of makes Katen

    ReplyDelete