Pages

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Engagements, hats and Grateful Bunch

Sorry about the lack of posts for a few days but I have had the lurgy - sore throat, awful cough, aches etc.
Sat here last night  beginning to feel a bit more human when my youngest son rings. Thats nice you think, -  I think what has happened, he is on a skiing holiday in Austria with his girlfriend and three other couples, and he is quite accident prone. -  He has got engaged! Happy days. We haven't met his young lady yet but that is in the diary.  I was beginning to think I would never get to be Mother of the groom, then 2 engagements in 3 months. Third child is well pleased he says the pressure is so totally off him now.
I am now looking for hat makers as I have a very small head and can't buy hats in shops!

Back to the crafting. What have you been busy doing this last weekend, I haven't been in my craft room at all. I ventured in there earlier and came up with this. I have a friend who often uses crumb cake or sahara sand as a starting point. I love what she makes. I have started to use this set much later than others but I think its going to be one that I return to regularly. Each element can be used alone as well as in combination. It adds focal points to other sets too.

This is one of the cards for tomorrows class. I have 2 places left if you would like to come. message me karen@krafting.co.uk







Aren't these flowers lovely. Not fussy cut, the stamp set comes with a matching punch in a discounted bundle.
I have used the chalk pen to create the white petals and the lovely white perfect accents for a couple of the centres.







The butterfly is punched out with the 'itty bitty butterfly' punch then fussy cut a little. Its not a perfect match but it does. I have painted the butterfly with the 'Wink of Stella' white sparkle but I can't get it to show up in a picture, it does sparkle in the sunshine.






This is one of the sentiments in the set. I have used it on the inside and stamped a few extra flowers









This picture shows the beautiful lacy stamp in detail. As the stamps are photopolymer it is easy to stamp this repeatedly as a joined line.









Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment