Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2016

In my comfort zone

Today I bring you something that is really my thing. I spent a lovely couple of hours yesterday creating these then another couple of hours looking for the bag of mini easels I bought yonks ago knowing they would be useful! But I can't find them. Still here are the makes----


They should be attached to those little easels, I will find them, just when I'm not looking for them or when I have been and bought another packet! Does that happen to you?

I had a good rummage through my box of dies, these two sets have been well used but generally as one layer on other projects. I thought it would be fun to create something with all the layers. This first one the Lots of Labels frame lets uses 4 of the 7 dies. I haven't used the 2 smallest ones although I could have put letters on them and used like bunting, thats for another day.

I have used the lovely corrugated paper for the base layer - really like this. All layers have been stamped and daubed and a number of elements from different stamp sets used too.
Colours used are Memento black, soft suede, crumb cake and cajun craze. I have added a little of the gold wink of stella here and there to add a touch of sparkle.
I still have plenty of gold thread left from Christmas and the pearls for the butterfly bodies adds a bit of femininity.


























The second one is cut using the deco labels. There are only 4 in this pack. I didn't use the smallest one.
It has been put together in the same way, stamping, daubing and the same colours just different stamp sets and a little fussy cutting for the little bird. I have added loops of the gold metallic thread for a little sparkle and again the gold wink of stella pen.



































I could use them as card fronts. I will have to try that out but they would look good on their easels.



And finally that ongoing project looks a bit different. 3 emery boards later, I use them for rubbing down small pieces like this its easier than proper sandpaper. I think the whole thing has been gold at some point in time, whether thats its original colour or not I'm not sure. I am going to leave the legs and base gold for now but might change my mind later






Under the layers of paint on the drawers I have found this detailing showing up. I won't be able to restore it but it is intriguing.



3 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely gorgeous can't wait to see them in the flesh! As for the little chest of drawers I love it ...... it will make a great talking piece when placed in the right setting ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Will need a few more little chests for rolls of ribbon etc for the right setting! k x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes very you! Lovely makes... And great chest....

    ReplyDelete