Pages

Sunday 1 May 2016

Strawberries for tea

The weather has been so cold this week but it is a bank holiday so we are having strawberries for tea, I have made a cake..... the only sort of baking I enjoy, a sponge cake. For the inside I have chopped up strawberries then mixed them with fresh cream which has been whipped. The top layer of cake is cut into portions and between each potion mashed up strawberry - juice and a few 1/4 strawberries are lined up, then the whole thing is  dusted with icing sugar. Mmmmmm
(I will take a picture before we eat!)

Thinking of strawberries I got my berry basket die out, sad that this is retiring, (mine won't be going anywhere). And I fafed about then went to youtube to find a way of making strawberries. I wanted my strawberries to be large enough to hold a Lindt chocolate ball.


Aren't they yummy. I have tried different embossing folders to create the dimpled seed effect on the outside. I can't choose which one I think is best, what do you think?








 The basket is stamped with the large woodgrain stamp. I stamped after I had cut the basket out.
































No comments:

Post a Comment