Pages

Saturday 23 September 2017

Painted Harvest Home Decor item

This time next week I will be opening up for the Painted Harvest workshop.  Thats the name of the stamp set we will be using in the workshop, its in the new seasonal catalogue. If you haven't got a copy and would like one email me here .
You can book on the workshop via my website, you will need to click the workshop tab and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Using these plaques has spread through our team like wildfire but they are just so useable. Great size. easy to use and stamp on.
This is my take......


To start with I mixed water and gesso and painted the wood, which was a bit plasticy in appearance! I left that to dry for about 1/2 an hour then got my daubers out.... well I couldn't have a project without daubing could I. Using crumb cake I daubed the edges of each plank lightly, slowly I built the colour up to give the wood an aged look.



I had two sentiments and pondered a while about which one to use. Love this one. from the Beautiful You stamp set.





 I stamped directly onto the surface with the stamps, but also stamped some onto card which I then fussy cut. I created a seperaet centre for this one then coated it in fine tip glue to make it shiny.
The leaves are 2 step stamping as well then I have used the matching punch.

Shopping
Painted Harvest Bundle  Stamp set and punch   146021
Burlap ribbon                                                      141487
Beautiful You stamp set                                      143637


Shopping online is easy. Click on the number next to the item you are interested in and you will go directly to that item in the online shop. Use the hostess number below then in October I will send you some Christmas Stampin'Up goodies.






2 comments:

  1. Great gift idea! Where did you purchase your wood pallet plaques?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, it was from hobbycraft, or The Works, it's a while ago now. K x

      Delete