Pages

Monday 18 September 2017

When is a box not just a box.......?

Its time for the Tuesday afternoon group to create something other than cards. They had been asking to make boxes. I had been reluctant as this is not one of my strengths but I needed to give it a go.
But I haven't just come with any box I have created a box within a box, actually a box within an exploding box. A first for me and I am so pleased with it as its just what I was asked for.

Firstly I had to make the little box for the inside, this was my starting point as this was the box a customer had seen and liked. then I created the design around it and lastly the exploding box around the outside. I haven't finished yet I still need to decorate the lid of the box, and create the tags/notes for the inside pockets, but I am so pleased with the bare bones of how it has turned out.



The little house that was the start of the project. I have added little flowers to the side window in a window box, around the the other two sides I have stamped with green leaves and some flowers, then added a die cut tree and a fence to the base card/central square.  It all folds up flat inside the lid. Happy dance in the den when I finished this yesterday. I just hope the ladies on Tuesday afternoon like it. 



A work in progress but nearly finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment