Pages

Monday 22 January 2018

Waterfront

Today I have a second frame for you. Yes the same stamp set as yesterday but with a completely different mood. I loved getting the paintbrushes out to complete this one. Even though much of it is water-coloured its still on standard whisper white card.


I started with the night of navy ink for the nearest set of hills, a bit of watercolouring extending the ink into the water, I have put a layer of dark green - Always artichoke, below the hills and just pulled the blue paint over that. Then for the hills behind... I have use the rose red, the cherry cobbler felt a bit dark and the real red was too bright. I tend to have a bit of scarp card next to me to try out the colour combinations. (or the grid paper!) The final layer of hills are stamped in perfect plum.



The sea and the sky have just used the colours I have stamped with. The trees are stamped with night of navy as is the land they are are standing on. I did find the quality of the frame card to stamp on was difficult, they do vary. The birds are also stamped in night of navy, The birds in the sky were stamped off first to give them a pale far away look the bird over the water was coloured with the marker pen and ... I just went for it!




2 comments: