Pages

Sunday 4 February 2018

Everyone loves a bit of daubing

I love a bit of daubing even if others don't and I don't really mind what I daub with.... sponges, finger daubers, scrunched up kitchen roll even bubble wrap, that last one is much messier! 
These cards have been done with sponges.
Tomorrow I have a local art group visiting the studio to have a go at card making. We are going to do some straight forward stamping but I thought I would add some daubing into the mix. 
I use post it notes for the edges then start to build up the colour. For this one I started with the crumb cake on the lower edge then soft sky across the top. Above the crumb cake I have added pear pizzaz and finally Lemon Lime Twist. Very lightly with a clean sponge I have gently rubbed over the whole piece so than no white card shows through.
Then using memento ink I have stamped the trees from the 'Lovely as a Tree' set.
The ribbon is from the Sale-a-Bration brochure, FREE with a minimum spend, its a lovely basic grey colour and shiny! (One of three rolls in the offer)



Another card in this style is this 'Get well soon' card. Here I have punched a circle in some waste card and used it instead of post it notes. For this card I have used soft sky and old olive inks.


 To get the dark line across the centre I used a post it note over the blue and daubed along the edge. doing this a few times lay down more ink giving this horizon effect.



The tree stamp is from the 'Hopeful Thoughts' set.

All stamps and inks mentioned are available from my online shop here

No comments:

Post a Comment