Pages

Saturday 14 March 2020

Not crafting in the craft room but.........

So I haven't been in my craft room and put paper or ink or paint together for over a week. I 'm not sure why I just haven't got the mojo all of a sudden! I have done a bit of tidying and the pile of stuff to move on has grown but my hands have been busy doing something a bit different. Something I haven't done for many years and I have loved it.
I have made a small sampler using lots of embroidery stitches, some I had to research as I had forgotten how to do them!

On this piece there is Herringbone stitch, running stitch, not very straight, couching, the piece with the button has french knots. These are a bit of a thing with me, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I'm not sure I have them sorted yet.



On this edge I have added a piece of quilt, just using small straight stitches to attach it. I have done a little stitching across the piece. I then added  a very small piece of lace with two french knots, got to keep practising them! The K is done in cross stitch and the square next to that has a blanket stitched circle. On the outside of the grid I have stitched with daisy chain. 
 The bottom right corner has a larger pice of fabric to which I have added one piece of lace using a 1/2 cross stitch the small piece of lace has been attached with french knots. The button and piece of tape measure have been attached with small stitches. In the bottom corner I have added a small initial freehand.
















Finally the lower left picture. The long piece is stitched with feather stitch. A new one to me. I have added the opposite colour on the end of each branch. The dark grey dots and french knots the red are just little straight stitches, a bit like couch stitch. The corner has a suffolk-puff in a lovely red and black print. The small piece of dark grey stripe fabric was the start of my french knot learning curve!




The whole piece is sewn onto and old fashioned blanker piece. 
I'm no expert but I have loved making this and I am really pleased with it..

No comments:

Post a Comment