Pages

Thursday 19 March 2020

Ooops, meant to post this yesterday


It's been a funny old day, ending with our oven blowing the fuses in the house when we were cooking tea. Good job we still have a microwave. (only use it for porridge normally!) This was my desk this morning....... and this is my junk journal cover this afternoon. Loved doing this. Inspired by the Tracy Easson lesson in Savvy Supply School, part of mixed up creatives
I have made two more double pages which are hanging up drying. They are a bit sticky!!! Later in the week I will put it all together and make a little fat Junk Journal.

The other thing I want to say about this project is that everything is recycled. The material is from shirts, pj's, a skirt and other clothes that have been in my bag for ages, nice fabric but too far gone to send to the charity shop. The paper with Chinese writing came from emptying a box in the loft, I think the paper is from the 1970's when my family were in Singapore for a while and this was packing paper. The lace comes from the bottom of my grandma's sewing box, there was a big fat roll of it. I have used it over the years and  its got a lot thinner :( 
The sewing has been done with a thimble, the layers are quite thick. More buttons and embellishments to add.




The black and white stripe material is some ticking from the days when I did some re upholstery its been in my stash for over 20 years.


After I had been sorting the material and collecting together the bits I may use the room was a tip. This was my desk.


Stay healthy and keep crafting k x

No comments:

Post a Comment