Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Nostalga week - Mid Week Male - By the Tide

Gosh this set hasn't been out of the box for quite a while, so much so that when I went to put it away I couldn't get all the stamps back in the box, I knew they had to go in as they had all been in at the beginning grrrrr.

I have added a new technique, well new to me, bokeh. I like this, its organised daubing, thats what I would call it. Really you are creating a background with colour then adding white last which tones it down or brightens it up depending on your background colours and how much white you add. One word of warning, you do need to let the white dry before you start stamping on the top.


Many of my customers say that they find making male cards difficult. These two are ideal.
For the fish card I have used very pale colours from the subtle range, 'soft sky, pool party and wisteria wonder' For the fish and shells I have used 'elegant eggplant' and the words and fronds are in 'crumb cake'. I have tied a few rounds of linen thread around the first matt layer. otherwise I think this is neat and simple. The inside has a large happy birthday.








This second card I have used stronger colours 'pool party, marina mist and bermuda bay' but continued the stamping in the elegant eggplant for the sea horses and shells and crumb cake for the fronds.
I have also used the ink colours to make the small flags stamped with "to you' then stapled on. The inside has the same large happy birthday stamped in elegant eggplant!







Have you used this technique before?  What colours have you found successful?

No comments:

Post a Comment