Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Summer silhouettes

This is one of my all time favourite stamp sets. I haven't used it as much as I should have done. Another 6" square card today using the same Birthday sentiment as well as stamp set but very different. Today two of my favourite colours as well!


Started with a standard card size piece of white and created the background. The trellis from the summer silhouettes stamp set stamped in Elegant eggplant then brushed with a wet aqua painter straight away before the ink has time to dry... which isn't very long with stampin'up inks! I have the overstamped with Gorgeous Grunge in Tempting Turquoise and very lightly brushed with the aqua painter. To be honest the turquoise was dry before I had time to move the ink far at all.


At that point I paused and was a little concerned that the flowers wouldn't stand out enough - I stamped the stems in black, then I knew I had to develop the seed heads more otherwise they would have been lost. I have used 3 techniques. First I stamped the heads with elegant eggplant. then I overstamped that with versamark and heat embossed with clear powder, this gives some sparkle and a bit of relief, next I ran a 'wiggle' of fine tip glue across the seed head and sprinkled it with fine glitter and the stampin'up glitter is very fine! I sparkle too!!!
All in all the seed heads have a 3 dimensional quality, they sparkle and they stand out which was the plan.....phew.


I have used the two colours for matting and layering then created a 51/2" square card with the Stampin'Up thick whisper white card. Stamping the sentiment below the picture.
On the inside I have layered more white with the Elegant eggplant to create a blank face for a personnel message.




Love this one too, would be hard pressed to choose between todays and yesterdays. Which one do you like the best?

Products used:-
Stamps
Ink/card
Elegant eggplant A4 card
Elegant eggplant ink
Tempting Turquoise A4card
Tempting turquoise ink

No comments:

Post a Comment